Monday, April 12, 2010

What this blog is about.

One of the greatest literary figures in the 20th century once wrote, 'One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.'

Indulging in food is one of the greatest pleasures in my life. I have had the fortunate luck and opportunity to travel to many places around the world sampling the different cuisines each country had to offer. From having piping hot takoyaki on a street in Kyoto to paella marisco in a little marketplace in Barcelona, I enjoyed many of the experiences and gradually learned some of the recipes to dish out from my very own kitchen.

I profess i am no chef. Far from it. My interest in cooking started when i was in secondary school. I was the only male student in my class to take cooking courses. I was pretty good at it though I did not score too well during the final cooking exam as my oven happened to break down halfway through baking my strudel (and i didn't realize it til two minutes before the end) .

Even now, i still screw up in the kitchen and my culinary experiments often do go awry. But I take it as a learning experience and fortunately, my greatest asset in those moments of failure is my brother whose tastebuds seem to be unable to distinguish between charcoal and actual food.

Being Asian, I will try do up some Asian specialties as i go along. What is certain is that I will try to share as much of my food experiences as possible whether through recipes I try or a restaurant I visit. Thanks for reading and I hope you have fun looking through my blog.

Note: I'd like to credit the creation of this blog to my friend, Chi Anh, who inspired me through her own blog at lemonca.wordpress.com.

2 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for the mention. Glad my humble blog inspired you to embark on this meaningful project. Welcome to the food blogging world! it's a real good obsession to have. Not sure if the people around me agree with that though :P it's definitely making me fatter. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can usually settle for a fried egg and some sweet soy sauce for dinner. Now, its all about making each meal a special meal!

    ReplyDelete