Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Diabetic's Nightmare



So I had a cooking disaster today. No, my kitchen didn't catch on fire and I still have all my ten fingers.

Instead I made the most diabolically sweet dessert that would send diabetics screaming and running for their insulin shots. Using some leftover sweet potato and bananas, I blended both of them together and added..(drum roll)... Gerber's Banana and Strawberry puree baby food! Please don't ask why... It's those moments of warped inspirations.

I then poured the puree into 3 inch moulds and tossed them into the oven for 20mins.

When it caramelized, i placed the 'cake' into a bowl and poured in my bubor cha cha sauce. Then, a big fat dollop of ice cream right on top with some chopped almonds.. I'm not very good at counting calories or sugar intake but one taste of that and i had an image flash in my mind of myself twenty years down the road in a wheelchair without a foot.

I'm having salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow. Oh, at least I get to name this dish. I'm calling it Dean's Dessert' or in short, the 'Double D.' Oh, how I love double entrendes... XD

1 comment: