Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Big Fat Cheeseburger

It has always been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Watching the Asian Food Channel, I often see celebrities from Jamie Oliver to Anna Olsen promoting healthy breakfasts and gushing like over-enthusiastic property agents over how fantastically healthy and nutritious their muesli based breakfasts or wholemeal pancakes are. Well, screw all that. I’m a man and I need a massive dose of man-food early on in the morning. It’s meat for me in the morning. No sissy grains and cereals or diarrhea inducing milk products. Give me beef, chicken or mutton. Rabbits? Yeah, that’ll do too.

One of my favourite homemade breakfast is a cheeseburger. I’m not talking about those sissy little things that Mcdonalds serve. I’m talking about 200g of fat, juicy homemade beef patty doused in olives, mustard and jalapenos with a thick slice of melting mozzarella tucked between two lightly toasted buns.

Seriously people, don’t bother buying those rip off burger patties at the supermarkets. Those thin sawdust-tasting patties are pathetic. It’s much more worth it making your own patties. Make a stack of em, freeze em and you’ll have a ready supply of thick fat burgers at your disposal.

Ingredients

Patty:

300g fresh minced beef

4 slices of toasted bread, crumbled

1 red onion – diced

2 cloves garlic - diced

1 egg

¼ cup olive oil

Salt

Black pepper

1 tbsp cornflour

50g butter

2 tbsp Worchester sauce (optional)


4 hamburger buns

Mozzarella cheese

Olives

Mustard

Lettuce


Mix all the patty ingredients together in a big bowl and form a large ball.

Refrigerate for two hours

Separate the ingredients into 4 thick patties

You can either fry the patty in a hot pan or grill it in the oven.

It’s as simple as that. I don’t have to tell you how to put the patty into the bread, do I?

1 comment:

  1. I miss those burgers! Make them for our next outing or something. hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete